Re: contrib/dbmirror conditional replication

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: contrib/dbmirror conditional replication
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Steven Singer wrote:
> Downsides include that the code is kind of complicated, insert,updates and
> deletes are much slower and a lot of extra information needs to be stored by
> the mirroring system(see the accounting table).

I second this part.

> I added a compile time flag to enable or disable this feature.
>
> I think there's demand for conditional replication(because I've had other
> requests for it) I'm just wondering if this is a good starting point?

I need conditional replication, but personally I'm not fond of the
depends-on row chaining stuff. And I think there are simpler ways to get
the conditional replication, but unfortunately I haven't had time to
work on proving that yet, so I could be wrong ;-)

I don't think you'll get much feedback from dbmirror users on PATCHES --
it might be a good idea to solicit input on GENERAL or maybe the gborg
replication list.

Joe