Re: Concurrent testing PostgreSQL Vs MySQL

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Concurrent testing PostgreSQL Vs MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Durai wrote:

> Hello Sridhar,
>
>                     Now, It works. Thanks lot.
>
> But Still I have doubt:
>
> 1. How MySQL works in this case? It has any default "autocommit"?

Depends. What version of mysql you are using? If you are using mysql 3.x and/or
non-innodb tables, you don't have transactions in first place. Mysql does not
need autocommit in earlier version because it does not have transactions in
first place.

> 2. Is there any other method to test for "concurrent testing"?

Against mysql? I doubt. You can try scaling number of concurrent connections and
  number of rows in database. Furthermore don't do bulk update but do selective
random updates. And verify the results in your php section.

  Shridhar