Re: 7.4RC2 vs 7.4

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: 7.4RC2 vs 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
cite="midPine.LNX.4.33.0311181415550.26776-100000@css120.ihs.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">On 18 Nov 2003, Christopher
Murtaghwrote:

I had to go live with 7.4RC2 on the weekend (it passed all of our tests
quite well and we needed some of its features). Was RC2 simply stamped
There was some issue with Solaris and IPV6/IPV4 or something like that
that popped up late in 7.4RC2 to 7.4 I believe.  I think the decision was
that in order to fix it, postgresql would have to code around broken
operating systems, and that isn't something that postgresql should have to
do, i.e. let Solaris get fixed, or delay the fix until it can be better
tested and maybe roll it into a 7.4.x release.

Also, some code for dates was fixed at the last minute, to make postgresql
accept the uncommon but obviously correct date format of "1999-feb-02" or
something like that.  It might affect your date handling, but shouldn't.
Again, I'm not sure exactly what was changed on this, but it's a place to
look on your test server before going live to 7.4.

Anything I miss / get wrong / leave out?

TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate     subscribe-nomail command to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a> so that your
messagecan get through to the mailing list cleanly