Re: logical column position

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: logical column position
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>Will adding the logical attribute number break all of the external
>>tools? pg_dump, etc are all dependent on attnum now?
>>
>>Would it be possible to keep the meaning of attnum the same externally
>>and add another column internally to represent the physical number?
>

> Interesting idea.  It would require a lot of code renaming in the
> backend, but it could be done.

Given that the interfaces comprise pgadmin, phppgadmin, jdbc and odbc
and all the main developers for those lists read all these posts, I
think the massive amount of effort to maintain the external interface
isn't worth it.

I can vouch that it would take me exactly 2 minutes to add support for
attlognums in phpPgAdmin.

Chris