Re: building 7.4 with plperl

От Gianni Mariani
Тема Re: building 7.4 with plperl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Keith C. Perry wrote:

>I had this same issue as well but now I'm *slightly* concerned since most of my
>code is perl.  How soon would issue be reviewed? (not that I'm NOT going to use
>your patch for right now).

I suspect that this is only an issue when you use
"--enable-thread-safety" which according to the release notes is only
for libpq and only fixes MT issues on connection start-up.  So
theoretically, if you're using plperl in V7.3.4 or earlier, you simply
don't need "--enable-thread-safety" and so you may compile happily
without it.  (That's the theory anyway).

This certainly needs to be addressed (patch or document) but it's not at
all an issue for someone migrating from an earlier release (not a
regression).  I hope that you're slightly concerned *no more*.