Re: Threads in PSQL

От Sergey Belikov
Тема Re: Threads in PSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

>Sergey Belikov <belikov@bnl.gov> writes:
>
>>... Each thread
>>creates it's own PGconn connection, and starts lo_export(conn, loid,
>>filename) procedure. The problem is: after starting 2-3 threads SELECT
>>query of the main program  fails because "another command is already in
>>progress".
>>

>I'll bet lunch that you have not actually created a PGconn for each
>thread --- or else that one of the threads is using the wrong PGconn
>object.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Hi Tom!
You won! The probelm was not PGConns, but my main thread - I'm using
non-blocking psql  functions - I have to implement setQueryTimeout
mechanism myself because it is ignored (by now) by PSQL/ODBC driver. And
it looks like I was sending two queries without waiting while the first
one completes.
At least now my program works properly.
Thank you, Sergey.