Re: Retoring non-administrative user databases

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Retoring non-administrative user databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>>What am I missing?
>>>

>>A reproduceable test case.

It is reproduceable for him Peter.

Keith could you provide a little more information?

Who is the user doing the dump?
Who is the user doing the restore?
Are these users superusers?

Either way, my suggestion would be to dump the schema only, restore the
schema only.
Then dump the data only, and restore the data only.

7.1.3 has some oddities that don't always make a clean restore to a
newere version (at
leat not 7.3 series)

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.