Re: UPGRADING 7.1 TO 7.3.4

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: UPGRADING 7.1 TO 7.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> No.
> You need to remove 7.3.4 (make sure you backup your data directory)
> Install 7.1.3 from source.
> Run pg_dumpall
> Backup your data directory
> Move your data directory
> Remove 7.1.3
> Install 7.3.4
> Restore from the pg_dump you did.

I would rather recommend not deinstalling 7.3.4!

You can compile and install 7.1.3 into a temporary directory and
listening to a different port.

     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pg71_temp --with-pgport=5439
     make
     make install

Now you restore the old installations data directory into the directory
/usr/local/pg71_temp/data and start the 7.1.3 postmaster.

You now use the 7.3.4 pg_dumpall command to dump the contents

     PGPORT=5439
     export PGPORT
     pg_dumpall >(wherever_you_want_the_dumpfile)

You can stop the 7.1.3 postmaster now and proceed with reloading the
dump into your 7.3.4 installation

     unset PGPORT
     psql <(that_darn_dumpfile)

Jan