Re: RHEL

От Guy Fraser
Тема Re: RHEL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanx for the update.

I almost bought RHEL WS on RH's advice, claiming that bind, dhcp and
wine were
the only packages I needed to build myself.

I downloaded and installed fedora on yesterday, and it has PG 7.3.4
server, and everything
else I need except wine. I will investigate what will be required for me
to provide wine for
fedora. I need it for my workstations at home and at work, so I can run
FileMaker Pro.

I have heard a lot of good things about gentoo, but have not checked it
out yet. At work
we have moved all our servers to FreeBSD, I am testing FreeBSD 4.9 now,
and it has
7.3.4 in the ports now as well.

PgAdmin III is now in the ports tree on FreeBSD as well, I have just
built and installed
it.

Good luck with RH