Re: Problem Deleting Referenced records

От Alex
Тема Re: Problem Deleting Referenced records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruno,
I am not sure why but the whole delete proces with the where not exists
method took 3hrs, rather long I would say.

Table A had 2.5mil records
Table B had about 30k records

In addition  Table C with about 2 mil records referenced a  referenced A
(same key as B)
In both A and B about 150k records where deleted... but the process took
more than 3 hrs.

Its pretty long I would say. I noticed in the past that if I had
multiple foreign keys, referencing different tables like TableA <--
TableB <-- TableC then deletes are really slow... sometimes in the area
of one delete per second. Never really figured out why. (And yes I did
run a Vacuum or Vacuum analyze on the DB
 or Tables).

Alex