Re: Questions from a beginner!

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: Questions from a beginner!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
praveen kumar wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="mid20031108115951.67297.qmail@web13905.mail.yahoo.com"
ManagementPackage developed on free development tools for a public library,which we want to install free of
notpass such comments on open list.<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid20031108115951.67297.qmail@web13905.mail.yahoo.com"
questions,</div><div>1)Can we have any front end, with Post greSQL, (like VB,Access or Oracle Forms) which helps in
fors/w analogous to oracle forms and reports the answer is NO.<br /> But you could probably use Access + Postgresql
throughODBC <br /> PostgreSQL however has an excellent management tool called PgadminIII. But it does not <br />
provideform design or reports.<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid20031108115951.67297.qmail@web13905.mail.yahoo.com"
/><blockquotecite="mid20031108115951.67297.qmail@web13905.mail.yahoo.com" type="cite"><div><div>Please suggest us as
postgreSQLdoes its best as far as RDBMS functionality is <br /> concerned. You could always use VB or WxWindows to
cite="mid20031108115951.67297.qmail@web13905.mail.yahoo.com"type="cite"><div><div>What are the effective development
toolsused to provide front end for PostgreSQL on Linux whcih are all available on the net. (Best example of
my requirementis like Oracle 8i back end and Forms and Reports od Developer 2000 as front end).we are a group of
studentsand software professionals, and if this is going to work out well, we want to join the Open Source community