Re: Creating Text Files from Tables

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Creating Text Files from Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Feb 10, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Warren Murray wrote:

> This maybe be on a more complex side, but I'm a novice to say the
> least, how
> can I  export a text delimited file from Postgresql.  The file will be
> transferred into a specific directory for use with another system.
> text
> file row sample: 396,"bigshoes.blue.7"

The COPY command can produce CSV files (as well as files with other
delimiters):

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html

> My last question is how can I create a series of fixed-width text
> files from
> tables and/or queries in a Postgresql database?

You could write some pl/pgsql functions to write the data to a temp
table and then COPY it.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: Creating Text Files from Tables
Сообщение: Re: Creating Text Files from Tables