Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> The phrase "Cygwin set of DLLs" is more accurate.  Actually, the phrase
> "appropriate subset of Cygwin DLLs" is even better.

Ok.

>>>! 2.  Proceed through the Cygwin install wizard.  Choose 'Install from
>>>!     Internet', specify a Local Package Directory and choose a mirror
>>>!     site that's close to you.  Leave everything else as-is.
>
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The default will not work for all users.

Why not?  I tried it on a couple of machines...  I particularly noted
that it now installs cygipc by default..

>>>!     3a.  Start ipc-daemon2 for shared memory support. Use
>>>!          "net start ipc-daemon2", if you want ipc-daemon2 installed
>>>!          as a service; otherwise, use "ipc-daemon2 &".  This program
>>>!          needs to be running anytime you start the PostgreSQL server
>>>!          (postmaster) or initialize a database (initdb).
>

> The above is missing the "ipc-daemon2 --install-as-service" step.
>
> You may want to add installing postmaster as a service too.

Can you please specify the exact set of steps to make this work
perfectly - I've never managed it myself...  I managed to find your docs
on it on the Net once, but I never got it working 100%

>>>! There are some points that are only relevant if you are building Cygwin
>>>! PostgreSQL from source:
>>>!
>>>! 1.  Set your path to use the Cygwin bin directory before the Windows
>>>!     utilities.  Cygwin sort must be used in preference to Windows sort.exe.
>

> Is the above needed during runtime too?

Not on any machine I've installed on.  I just left those steps in
because they were in the old docs.

> Sorry for being picky and not supplying a patch.  Nevertheless, I
> appreciate you updating the README.

That's cool.  I would appreciate your tips on installing as a service,
however.

Chris

Сообщение: Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin
Сообщение: Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin