Re: Primary Keys

От Nabil Sayegh
Тема Re: Primary Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Farid Khan wrote:
> The table I am creating would be based on a X,Y point.  We have serious
> doubts on what this would do to the performance of the system we are
> developing.  I am assuming, that a table can have a primary key consisting
> of 2 fields, which together would be unique to the entire table.  Would
> indexing this table be the nightmare we think it would be?  Has anyone seen
> anything remotely similar out there with 1M+ rows?

Personally I would always choose an extra SERIAL column.
I don't really like the concept of having multiple columns as a PK.

1M doesn't sound like a big problem.

--
  e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
  Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539

От: so_excited@excite.com (Damon)
Сообщение: How to know column constraints via system catalog tables