Problem: 32 Argument function parameter list

От bradsnobar@netscape.net (Bradley D. Snobar)
Тема Problem: 32 Argument function parameter list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If I have posted this question to the wrong mailing list, I apologize (I am new to the postgres community) and I ask
thatsomeone please respond with the correct place to get my question answered.

I ran into a probelm during initdb after I tried to change the maximum number of functions in an argument list.

I'm not sure why I am getting this error message, and would be glad for any assistance.

This is the basic error message while running initdb after a recompile.
relnatts disagrees with indnatts for index

The exact message was
relnatts disagrees with indnatts for index 16678

More background information:

I'm trying to create a function (with pgsql) that has more than 32 arguments.  My application design and database are
correct. I really do have a requirement for a larger function call.  I want to increase the maximum number of arguments
thata function can take.

I tried to change this section of code to reflect my desire.
/usr/local/pgsql/include/server/pg_config_manual.h

#define INDEX_MAX_KEYS          32   /**  change from 32 to 64 **/
#define FUNC_MAX_ARGS           INDEX_MAX_KEYS

I then ran
make
make install

I then did an initdb which then ran for a little bit and eventually produced this error.

relnatts disagrees with indnatts for index 16678

Is there another constant that I need to change?

Thanks,
Brad

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.