Re: Constraint Problem

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: Constraint Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Stark wrote:

>>I then checked::
>>    planrrontest=# SELECT * FROM compass WHERE company=23590;
>>     compassnid | company | association | ysndefault
>>    ------------+---------+-------------+------------
>>           7777 |   23590 |           4 | t
>>           8038 |   23590 |           2 | t
>>           8040 |   23590 |           7 | t
>>    (3 rows)
>>
>>And as you can see company 23590 has three default associations. Any ideas on
>>how I can get around this?
>>

>But they're all different associations. If you reread your original question
>above you'll see that's not what you described. You said you only wanted one
>of any <company,association,default> value when default is true.
>
>Try just
>
>create unique index on compass (company) where ysndefault

You're right, I was trying to associate the company-association-default
where default=TRUE, when I didn't need the association as part of it at
all. It's working now, thanks. I'll now try to find my way out of
'Monday morning mode'.

Thanks all

Ron

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1