Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Attached is an extremely crude prototype patch for making VACUUM delay
>by a configurable amount between pages,

Cool!

>Assuming that this is found to be useful, the following issues would
>have to be dealt with before the patch would be production quality:
>
>2. I only bothered to insert delays in the processing loops of plain
>   VACUUM and btree index cleanup.  VACUUM FULL and cleanup of non-btree
>   indexes aren't done yet.

I thought we didn't want the delay in vacuum full since it locks things
down, we want vacuum full to finish ASAP.  As opposed to normal vacuum
which would be fired by the autovacuum daemon.

От: Jordan Henderson
Сообщение: Re: O_DIRECT in freebsd
От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Rule regression failure freebsd?