Re: logging messages this time

От Eric S. Johansson
Тема Re: logging messages this time
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@harvee.org> writes:
>
>>This is a weird one.  I'm probably missing something really basic that I
>>don't even know enough to describe or look for in the manual.
>

> Hmm ... thinking about "really basic" ... are you removing the comment
> character '#' from in front of the entries you want to change?
>
>             regards, tom lane

certainly did.  And I changed syslog to 2 so I would redirect all
logging output to syslog.  this has me wondering.  Somebody else pointed
me at a postmaster.conf file which I don't believe I have.  Could this
be some artifact of the Red Hat 9 version (postgresql-7.3.2-3)?

--- configuration file changes ---

#
#       Message display
#
server_min_messages = info      # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                                 #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
                                 #   info, notice, warning, error, log,
fatal,
                                 #   panic
client_min_messages = notice    # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                                 #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
                                 #   log, info, notice, warning, error
silent_mode = false

log_connections = true
log_pid = false
log_statement = true
log_duration = false
#log_timestamp = false

#log_min_error_statement = error # Values in order of increasing severity:
                                  #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2,
debug1,
                                  #   info, notice, warning, error,
panic(off)

#debug_print_parse = false
#debug_print_rewritten = false
#debug_print_plan = false
#debug_pretty_print = false

#explain_pretty_print = true

# requires USE_ASSERT_CHECKING
#debug_assertions = true

#
#       Syslog
#
syslog = 2                      # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears

Сообщение: Re: logging messages this time
Сообщение: Re: logging messages this time