Re: [OT] Choosing a scripting language.

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [OT] Choosing a scripting language.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I agree with you on using the right tool for the job.  Except Perl.
>The more I use other languages, the less I want to use Perl.  Maybe it was
>a bad experience as a junior developer long ago with it or something :-)

The problem with Perl is that it is written to provide any and all ways
to do one thing.
The problem with Python is that it is written to provide on way to do
one thing (in theory).
The problem with this argument is that anybody can be a bad programmer ;)

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: index question
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: SCSI vs. IDE performance test