Re: PostgreSQL with MS Query?

От Ron
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with MS Query?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Hatcher wrote:

>I'll assume you are on a Windows box.  The answer is yes, you can use Excel
>to pull back data from a Pg database on a Linux box.
>If you are planning to use MS Query and If you don't have MS Query
>installed, you will need to install from the disk.
>You can download the Pg ODBC driver from the Pg site.  Just click on the
>download link, select your country, and then navigate to the ODBC/Versions
>folder.  You'll want to download the 7.03.02 version as this is the newest.
>Then create the DSN - do a  Google search on how to do this if you don't
>know how.
>Then fire up Excel and from the menu select Data, Get External Data, New
>Database Query.  Follow the wizard from there.
>
>hth
>Patrick
>
>***You wrote****
>
>Hi there,
>
>I'm trying to access my postgreSQL database using Excel (through MS
>Query).  I've been reading a bit about ODBC and I'm pretty sure that
>this is required.  Is there a way to see if this is set up already?  Am
>I on the right track?  The database server is running redhat linux.
>
>Any help would be appreciated...
>Thanks,
>Grant

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>      joining column's datatypes do not match

If you are just running the occasional query and want the results placed
into an Excel spreadsheet, you should look at pgAdmin. You run it from
your windows box and you can run queries and have the results displayed
-> on screen, ->written to a file, ->or to an Excel spreadsheet. The
latest version also runs on linux. You can find it here:

http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/index.php

Ron

От: "Patrick Hatcher"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL with MS Query?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Retrieving a column comment