Re: postgres --help-config

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: postgres --help-config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

(...)
> I guess iff someone needs raw with headers in the future, I guess we
> could add --help-config-raw-headers.

I don't mind if you make it always with the headers.  We can easily
strip the first line when reading the file and people can easily strip
it piping the output through a filter before sorting it etc.

I am thinking that the headers would allow a output formatting utility
to do it in a way that is independent of the version, and avoid having
to run "pg_config --version" as well.  As the values are all strings it
can blindly create a column for every header.  The only fields that the
program need to know about (like name and group) are not likely to change.

No big deal though.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300