setlocale

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема setlocale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The MS runtime docs on setlocale() contaiun the following statement:

  At program startup, the equivalent of the following statement is executed:

  setlocale( LC_ALL, "C" );

Does this have any effect on us? Does it mean, as it appears to, that the locale will not be inherited from the parent?

If so, I guess it could be got around by passing LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE arguments to postgres when running the
bootstrapcode.

Of course, if I'm right, initdb would not pick up the locale from its caller, which might be ugly if that was what you
expected.

(I'm new to this locale stuff - I know we have some experts out there).

Another question - will we want to internationalize initdb (I'm new to that, too :-) )

cheers

andrew