Re: db encoding

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: db encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>About pg_encoding.  There is currently no way to tell whether an encoding
>exists.  Normally you would put this kind of thing into a system table,
>but doing that is a bit tricky with the encodings.  I would like to see
>pg_encoding go, so let's hear what information people need and give them a
>direct way to access it.

You need the encoding ID before you have a system to have tables in - while you are running the bootstrap code - unless
thingschange.

That isn't to say that putting the available encodings into a table isn't a good idea, though.

I'm not sure I see anywhere in the docs a ref to what encodings are available, or how to find that out - if I haven't
missedit that's something to be remedied.

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Open 7.4 items
От: markw@osdl.org
Сообщение: Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL