psql error:cannot open libpq.so.3

От Phil Campaigne
Тема psql error:cannot open libpq.so.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,
Took a break from developing on pgsql 7.3 to set up network printing
where I added another host(localhost 193.168.1.2) in red hat network
settings.  Later, I could start postmaster but when I started psql I got
the following error when I issue this command:

psql -h localhost -U postgres nba

-bash-2.05b$ psql -h localhost -U postgres nba
psql: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open
-bash-2.05b$

I tool this as an opportunity to upgrade from 7.3.2 rpm to 7.3.4.source.
Now I'm is a real pickle.  I can create the test database but still get
the same error even though I wiped out the pgsql directories upon
installation.

I checked and libpq.so.3 has a path of /var/lib/pgsql/libpq.so.3, and
the database directory is /usr/local/pgsql.  All the files in the pgsql
directories are owned by 'postgres'.
Any ideas what could be causing the problem?
Thanks in advance,
Phil Campaigne