Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I posted on that a few minutes ago.  Yea, we can drop it, but we risk
>eating carraige returns as data values.  I am not sure how consistently
>we output literal carriage returns in old dumps, nor how many apps
>produce on literal carriage returns in COPY. If we conditionally eat
>them, we run the risk of discarding some of their data without warning.
>Perhaps we can throw a warning rather than an error, and adjust initdb
>to be consistent.

Would the best longterm solution be to require escaping CR in a data
value? (Yes I know this might cause backwards compatibility problems, at
least for a while).

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)