Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, I may have my merms tixed up!

There is ONE component of Postgres that can only be accessing the
database by itself. Maybe it's not the 'backend', it's probably the
postmaster. Are they the same? I don't know.

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

>On Friday 26 September 2003 21:08, Dennis Gearon wrote:
>

>>corruption of the databases, if I'm correct.
>>

>>Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

>>>Why? Why can't you insert using multiple backends? I mean is there a
>>>problem?
>>>

>How does database gets corrupted? If you have 20 backend inserting their own
>chunk of data in separate transactions, where does database corruption comes
>in picture?
>
>That's the whole idea of transactions.
>
> Shridhar

Сообщение: Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?
Сообщение: Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of