Re: Triggers and COPY

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Triggers and COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ericson Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to prevent a trigger from firing during a COPY operation?
>
> We have a case where we dump the records from a table, truncate it, and
> copy the records back in. However, there is a trigger on that table,
> which will insert a record in a logging table. Is there a way to prevent
> this trigger from firing during the COPY FROM process?

Can you drop the trigger during copy? I don't know following will exactly work
but something like..

begin
drop trigger
copy
recreate trigger
commit;

could do trick for you..

HTH

  Shridhar

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: German translation of PostgreSQL documentation
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: German translation of PostgreSQL documentation