pg_dump doesn't dump binary compatible casts

От Jan Wieck
Тема pg_dump doesn't dump binary compatible casts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The offending source code is in pg_dump.c line 3953, where at the lack
of an underlying conversion function and thus no clear namespace
relationship pg_dump simply ignores the cast.

IMHO a binary compatible cast should be dumped if one or both namespaces
of the underlying data types is included in the dump.

I classify this problem as a bug. Objections?

Jan