Re: State of Beta 2

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>Also, to be blunt: if pg_dump still has problems after all the years
>we've put into it, what makes you think that in-place upgrade will
>magically work reliably?

Fair enough. On another front then... would all this energy we are
talking about with pg_upgrade
be better spent on pg_dump/pg_dumpall/pg_restore?

>>This I am hoping
>>changes in 7.4 as we moved to a pure "c" implementation.

Your right that was a mistype. I was very tired and reading three
different threads at the same time.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

>Eh?  AFAIR, pg_dump has always been in C.
>
>            regards, tom lane

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.