Re: Rockets (was Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL)

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Rockets (was Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck wrote:

> Richard Welty wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:49:32 -0600 (MDT) "scott.marlowe"
>> <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> wrote:

>>> http://www.aviation-central.com/space/usm50.htm
>>

>> actually, may i suggeset
>>
>>   http://www.astronautix.com/lvfam/saturnv.htm
>>
>> there actually was a design for a "Saturn IV" (really called a Saturn C4,
>> the contemporary Saturn C5 became the Saturn V, and development of the C4
>> was dropped) see
>>
>>   http://www.astronautix.com/lvfam/saturnc.htm)
>>
>> this is awfully off topic, but here is a web page i've been working on
>> sporadically now for a couple of months that rocketheads may find
>> interesting:
>>
>>   http://www.averillpark.net/space/booster.html
>>
>> I would suggest that if Tom wanted to use the rocket analogy, he might
>> want
>> to compare PostgreSQL to maybe a contemporary Atlas 5 medium
>> configuration.
>> the Titan II is quite old now and there's only one more launch scheduled.
>

> Whereas despite the crashes, the Space Shuttle with it's
> Add-On-Collection look alike is yet most popular ;-)

BTW this weekend we are going to launch a new satellite using
ariane V rockets ( http://www.satexpo.it/en/news-new.php/1?c=6531 )
this mean more users and more stress for our Postgres installation :-)

http://www.arianespace.com/site/news/news_sub_missionupdate_index.html

some pictures here:

http://66.33.199.225/image_library/images_sub_index.html

Regards