Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,
 Actually if you really want to scare them.

1. Use Innodb
2. Create 5000 inserts with at least 5k of data. The table needs to have
a primary key.
3. Insert the 5000 records for 50 connections (250,000 inserts).
4. Watch the deadlocks fly.
 They didn't believe me. Then the guy tried it live on #mysql... and it
crashed. He blamed
it on the fact he only gave 8 meg to Innodb.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

Philip Yarra wrote:

>It's funny timing - I had to prepare a comparison between PostgreSQL and
>MySQL recently, explaining why we would prefer PostgreSQL. I know some
>people here have issues with the MySQL crashme test results, but I have to
>say I found it possibly one of the best postgreSQL advertisements
>available. A 4-way comparison between Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL
>shows PostgreSQL in an extremely flattering light.
>
>Given the missing features in MySQL (column constraints and views, for
>god's sake!) I had to
>conclude that we couldn't implement most of our projects in MySQL, even if
>we wanted to. I have trouble believing MySQL was suggested as a viable
>alternative.
>
>I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but thought you might find it of
>interest.
>
>Regards, Philip Yarra.

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?