Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,
  It wasn't so much that I believed them, as that I spent an hour
digging through PDF's written by guys who look like RMS trying to find
the answer to a yes or no question. Are you aware that these guys don't
believe in a yes or no question? There is always "conditions". I am feeling
much better now.

Heh,

Joshua Drake

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>  Sorry guys I made the unbelievable mistake of talking on the #mysql
>>channel today. Can you believe that they
>>actually feel that the fact that you can insert data outside the
>>boundaries of the data type (int for example) and
>>mySQL won't throw an exception is still valid ACID compliance.
>>
>>  There argument is that the application (user) should not have tried to
>>insert bad data. I was completely blown
>>away. The C in ACID explictly states that internal (data type boundaries
>>anyone) AND user defined constraints
>>can not be violated.
>>
>>  I am just flabbergasted. I am going to come back to my safe PostgreSQL
>>world.
>>

>Boy, I'm flabbergasted that you actually believed them ... tsk tsk ...

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?