Re: anyone use Ora2Pg?

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: anyone use Ora2Pg?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Johnson, Shaunn wrote:

> howdy:
>
> okay, then i'm doing something silly. :(
>
> what i did the first time was to copy
> data from a text file.  basically, i did this:
>
> \copy t_table from 'file.txt' using delimiters '|'
>
> and that was taking too long.  i got the bright
> idea to use a perl script to load data with
> 'insert'.  that, too, is taking too long.

On an old dual pentium 400Mhz intel box with 40MBs SCSI and 7200 RPM
drives I loaded > million rows in less than an hour.

Are there any indexes on this table? Any triggers? Can we see the
schema definition of this table? What version of PostgreSQL? What type
of machine is this? TRS-80 perhaps? ;-)

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com