Re: State of Beta 2

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> eRserver should be able to migrate the data. If you make heavy use of
> sequences, schemas and other such things it won't help you for those.
>
> <snip>

> Using eRserver may help you work around the problem, given certain
> conditions. It doesn't solve it. I think if we can get Mr. Drake's
> initiative off the ground we may at least figure out if there is a
> solution.

So a replication application
IS
a method to migrate
OR CAN BE MADE
to do it somewhat
AND is a RELATED
project to the migration tool.

Again, I wonder what on the TODO's or any other roadmap is related and
should be part of a comprehensive plan to drain the swamp and not just
club alligators over the head?

От: David Link
Сообщение: Re: Why does adding SUM and GROUP BY destroy performance?