State of Beta (2)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема State of Beta (2)
Дата
Re: State of Beta (2)  (Network Administrator <netadmin@vcsn.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

  O.k. here are my thoughts on how this could work:

  Command Prompt will set up an escrow account online at www.escrow.com.
  When the Escrow account totals 2000.00 and is released, Command Prompt
will dedicate a
  programmer for one month to debugging, documenting, reviewing,
digging, crying,
  screaming, begging and bleeding with the code. At the end of the month
and probably during
  depending on how everything goes Command Prompt will release its
findings.  The findings
  will include a project plan on moving forward over the next 5 months
(if that is what it takes) to
  produce the first functional pg_upgrade.

  If the project is deemed as moving in the right direction by the
community members and specifically
  the core members we will setup milestone payments for the project.

   What does everyone think?

   Sincerely,

   Joshua D. Drake

Dennis Gearon wrote:

> I had already committed $50/mo.
>
> Robert Creager wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time (Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:26:05 -0700)
>> Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net> uttered something amazingly
>> similar to:

>>> Is that $100 times once, or $100 X 6mos anticiapated develop time.
>>>

>> That's $100 once.  And last I looked, there are well over 1800
>> subscribers on
>> this list alone.  On the astronomically small chance everyone one of
>> them did
>> what I'm doing, it would cover more than 6 months of development time
>> ;-)  This
>> strikes me as like supporting public radio.  The individuals do some,
>> and the
>> corporations do a bunch.
>>
>> I'm just putting my money toward a great product, rather than
>> complaining that
>> it's not done.  Just like Joshua is doing.  You cannot hire a competent
>> programmer for $24k a year, so he is putting up some money on this also.
>>
>> There have been a couple of other bytes from small businesses, so who
>> knows!
>>
>> You game?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.