Re: ColumnName and ColumnNumber in libpq (C interface)

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: ColumnName and ColumnNumber in libpq (C interface)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

> Christoph Haller <ch@rodos.fzk.de> writes:
> >> I thougth running this helloworldish C program:
> >> should print
> >> Bar
> >> 0
> >>
> >> but stdout shows
> >> Bar
> >> -1
> >>

> > All names are folded to lowercase, except enclosed in double quotes.
So
> > printf("%d\n",PQfnumber(res,"\"Bar\""));
> > gives you the right result.
>
> I wonder whether this behavior is appropriate for PQfnumber, though.
> It's never been documented ... and certainly should be if we decide
> we should keep it.  Comments?
>
>                       regards, tom lane

I'd say it should be left as it is, and documented of course.
I can see a possible ambiguity, if someone is queer enough to
define columns like "bar", "Bar", "BAR", etc. within the same table.

Regards, Christoph

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ColumnName and ColumnNumber in libpq (C interface)
От: Alberto Cabello Sanchez
Сообщение: Re: ColumnName and ColumnNumber in libpq (C interface)