Re: Updates with NULL

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Updates with NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 15 Sep 2003 at 11:17, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> writes:
> > Following seems to be the valid syntax in oracle.
>
> > Update foo set somefield=NULL where somefield >9;
>
> AFAIK that's valid syntax in Postgres and the SQL standard, too.

I got confused between equality operator and assignment operator. Equalling
NULL is wrong, assigning it is not.

I should have had more rest after my fever..:-(

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Fifth Law of Procrastination:    Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has the
feeling that    there is nothing important to do.