Re: State of Beta 2

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Re: State of Beta 2  (Andrew Rawnsley <ronz@ravensfield.com>)
Re: State of Beta 2  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> Strawmen.  If we provide a good upgrade capability, we would just
> simply have to think about upgrades before changing features like
> that.  The upgrade code could be cognizant of these sorts of things;
> and shoud be, in fact.

Sure but IMHO it would be more important to fix bugs like the parser not
correctly using indexes on bigint unless the value is quoted...

I think everyone would agree that not having to use initdb would be nice
but I think there is much more important things to focus on.

Besides if you are upgrading PostgreSQL in a production environment I
would assume there would be an extremely valid reason. If the reason is
big enough to do a major version upgrade then an initdb shouldn't be all
that bad of a requirement.

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.