ADO Server Cursors and OID

От Greg Campbell
Тема ADO Server Cursors and OID
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I have created a table with a serial ID (sequenced) key_id field which
is also the PRIMARY KEY using pgAdmin. I've looked at the create table
statement. It has a WITHOUT OIDS clause. Table works fine, but I seem to
be unable to make ADO server side cursors. (VB).

Is there a key to enabling server side cursors.
I can link the table in Access and browse it and change field values. It
gives the impression of server side cursor, although I do not know if
that is what it is really doing. The DAO engine->pgODBC may be (must be)
behaving differently than my ADO code->pgODBC.

I know I can work around with client side cursors for selects, and use
INSERT,UPDATE executable queries. But with inserts/updates that have
many fields or  needing to escape (/') text fields that  might contain
quotes, the coding can get a little hairy compared to updating a cursor
field.

This email and all files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
are receiving this email in error please notify the
system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this message
has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.