Re: WIN32_CONSOLE usage

От Manfred Spraul
Тема Re: WIN32_CONSOLE usage
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>If you can detect that they are different, why can't you adjust the code
>page in that case only?

What should we do if we detect that they differ:
- set the console code page to the ansi code page. This has two
drawbacks: It doesn't work with Indic, because Indic doesn't have an
ansi code page. And the user must still switch the console font. But: if
the user must change the configuration, then he can as easily change
both the font and the code page. Which means: SetConsoleCP is the wrong
approach.
- OemToChar() and CharToOem() convert all console input/output. In the
long run this might be the better solution, if it works entirely without
user intervention. I'm not sure if it's possible to get all corner cases
right.

--
    Manfred