Re: Maximum table size

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Maximum table size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

>At work right now I have a bunch of 2-3 TB databases using Oracle 8.
>We're expected to be using 60 TB in total storage about 2 years down the
>road (right now we're using about 20).
>
>I guess GIS databases and image databases might be the ones who would be
>more concerned about these sort of limits in the near term future?

They must be very big images or there must be an awful lot of them :-)

Here's a recent sizing done on our image database project:

"60,000 images, thumbnails and personal data are occupying about 1.4Gb
of disk space in the database. So we can figure roughly 250Mb per 1000
entries, or 25Gb per 1 million."

These are simple facial images, of about 7k each - thumbnails are about
3k each.

cheers

andrew