Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi

От listy.mailowe
Тема Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Hi !! Everybody
> I am developing app using Delphi and I have a question:
> I have to save pictures into my database. Each picture has 20 o 30k aprox.
> What is the way more optimus?
> That 's table will have 500000 records around. Somebody said the best way to
> do that was encoder the picture to field bytea but I dont know about this.
> Another way is save the path to the picture file but I dont like so much
> because I need to write to disk by OS and have permission to write a
> directory to OS.
> What do u think??

   Yes, generally you have two choices, but you can as well store data in
files and get it by stored procedures... Any way I did it with FTP (Indy
component). It allowed me to cache files locally.

--
Regards,
   Michał Zaborowski (TeXXaS)

Сообщение: do child tables inherit indexes?
От: Daniel Schuchardt
Сообщение: Kill -9 Postmaster and Temporary Tables