Re: About pgAdmin III

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: About pgAdmin III
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>having the same basic design. I would also like a nice way of editting
>functions/views of *any* size -

There's no intrinsic size limit, it's a question of development cycle.
For views and functions, you have a classic edit/compile/debug cycle,
which isn' supported by the property dialogs (and IMHO is beyond their
scope).

>whether through a popup editor (which
>can be done well without making it modal),

No, must be modal to prevent users to mess around with the parent of the
popup window (e.g. closing it, or changing the language)

>or through some other method.

Magic? :-)

>We have been criticised in the past with pgAdmin II that it doesn't look
>nice. As you know, pgAdmin II has more graphics etc. in it (in combo
>boxes and so on) than pgAdmin III which is otherwise basically the same
>design, therefore it stands to reason that the same complaint applies to
>pgAdmin III. This is v.low priority of course.

I don't know these criticisms in detail, but I find some pgadmin2
dialogs ugly too (which originates mostly from the VB controls). IMHO,
the appearance of pgAdmin3 is good, except for the main toolbar which is
too big (and instead of fixing wxWindow's separators size I'd rather
like the bitmaps in 16x16).

Regards,
Andreas

От: "Conrad Vermeulen"
Сообщение: Re: indirect dereferencing a field in a record using plpgsql
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: indirect dereferencing a field in a record