Re: [ADMIN] How can I set postmaster as a service

От Jean-Michel Chabanne
Тема Re: [ADMIN] How can I set postmaster as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-general
shreedhar a écrit :

>I already had postgresql file in /etc/rc.d/init.d.
>I run the following ln commands as specified.
>if I boot my system it is opening database. But failing while opening
>database by remote host.
>May be -i option is missing.
>
>If I use the following line in postgresql file
>su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p
>/usr/bin/postmaster -o '-p ${PGPORT}' start > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null
>
>I could able to start database but I could not able to connect through
>remost host.
>
>If I change the option -o to -i I am getting an error while starting
>database itself.
>
>su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p
>/usr/bin/postmaster -i '-p ${PGPORT}' start > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null
>
>How can I rectify this error.

-o means options.  All options follow beetween quotes.

... -o  ' -p ${PGPORT} -i ' ...

Jean-Michel Chabanne
77450 MONTRY (FRANCE)
48" 54' N - 2" 49' E
Powered by Linux

От: "shreedhar"
Сообщение: Re: How can I set postmaster as a service
От: "Darko Prenosil"
Сообщение: Re: How can I set postmaster as a service