Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4 Sep 2003 at 10:53, markw@osdl.org wrote:

> http://developer.osdl.org/markw/44/
>
> I threw together (kind of sloppily) a web page of the data I was
> starting to collect for our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivative) on
> PostgreSQL 7.3.4. Keep in mind not much database tuning has been done
> yet.  Feel free to ask any questions.

You should set effective cache size to bit more realistic than 1000. That's
just 8MB.

I would also suggest you setting autocommit to off, in case that makes any
difference. If the application is entirely managing it's own transactions
explicitly this should not make any difference.

If youhave good disks like SCSI/IDE RAID or above, you can reduce
random_page_cost to 2 or even less.

For heavily updated systems, you should have WAL buffers bit more. I don't know
exact imact of that setting though. You could try 32/64/128. On the same note,
if you are getting checkpoints too frequently, you can try increasing
checkpoint segments. The logs will tell as such.

HTH

ByeShridhar

--
QOTD:    "When she hauled ass, it took three trips."