Re: SELECT's take a long time compared to other DBMS

От Jean-Luc Lachance
Тема Re: SELECT's take a long time compared to other DBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
You forgot that the original poster's query was:
  SELECT * from <table>

This should require a simple table scan.  NO need for stats.
Either the table has not been properly vacuumed or he's got seq_scan
off...

JLL

Nick Fankhauser wrote:

> > Yes I Analyze also, but there was no need to because it was a fresh brand
> > new database.
>
> This apparently wasn't the source of problem since he did an analyze anyway,
> but my impression was that a fresh brand new database is exactly the
> situation where an analyze is needed- ie: a batch of data has just been
> loaded and stats haven't been collected yet.
>
> Am I mistaken?
>
> -Nick

Сообщение: Re: SELECT's take a long time compared to other DBMS
Сообщение: Re: SELECT's take a long time compared to other DBMS