Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

> I can hardly imagine that the backend started working with 9mb of
> memory. what did you do that PostgreSQL needed so much memory from the
> beginning??? are you using the default settings? usually the
> postmaster does not need more than 3mb at startup (in this scenario).

Setup is completely default  - i.e run initdb, and start the server
after that.
I am running an embedded sql program to do the test, rather than an sql
script
(see enclosed), not sure why/if that would make any difference.

On the cautionary side, note that I am using a beta Linux distribution too.

regards

Mark

Вложения