Re: ALTER TABLE ... TO ... to change related names

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... TO ... to change related names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Having just had to add serial columns to 3 columns, and found it
moderately painful, I have had these thoughts: . We need "alter table foo add column bar serial" - wasn't someone
working on that? . What about a rowid type? Wouldn't have to be in any order, just
unique. Could be an existing OID value, or something similar with no
wraparound? That would account for what I suspect is 90% of the cases
where serial fields are needed.

cheers

andrew