Re: row description, protocol 3

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: row description, protocol 3
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Feb 28, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Josh Close wrote:

> So, after a select is done, and I get a row description back, I
> need to do another query to find out what the actual type was?
>
> I'm writing a dataprovider, so I need to map the types back to .NET
> types. It seems kinda odd that you'd have to do a second query to
> find out the type.

The majority will correspond to fixed types in PostgreSQL. I just
used this type list to build a program that parses the data into the
native type of the application. Or if you just need to know the name
of the type, build some kind of lookup table in the application. You
could also do the lookup once and then cache the result.

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL