Re: doc patch - linux memory handling

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: doc patch - linux memory handling
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
I didn't find a single instance of a <warning> tag in the doc sources. I
did find a warning in an unadorned para, in func.sgml.

Anyway, I made the changes (using <note>) but anoncvs is now refusing my
login attempt, so I can't do the diff.

I've spent way too much time on this already - really my only concern
was that the docs would give people info that would make things worse
rather than better, and nobody else was doing anything about it.

cheers

andrew

Neil Conway wrote:

>Minor SGML gripes...
>
>On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:00:00AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>!     To avoid this situation, run postgres on a machine where you
>>

>"postgres" should be "<productname>PostgreSQL</productname>".
>

>>!     altering the system's default behaviour. This can be determined
>>!     by examining the function <varname>vm_enough_memory</>
>>

>The <function> tag is more appropriate.
>

>>+        <para>
>>+     Warning: using these settings in a kernel which does not support
>>+     these modes will almost certainly increase the danger of the
>>+     kernel killing the postmaster, rather than reducing it.
>>+     If in any doubt, consult a kernel expert or your kernel vendor.
>>+     </para>
>>

>You should use <warning> or <note> tags for this paragraph.
>
>-Neil

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: doc patch - linux memory handling
Сообщение: Re: doc patch - linux memory handling